Monday 6 October 2014

Creepy card featuring stampendous stamps

 Hi guys! Im desperate to show you the atcs I made for the stampotique facebookpage swap.However, I dont want to ruin the suprise for my receiver so it will have to wait. So watch this space!

  'Halloween is my favourite time of the year. Everything about the crisp air, falling leaves, hot apple cider, pumpkin carving, bonfires, and trick or treating. It reminds me of being a kid in northern Illinois . Trick or treating till our pillowcases were full and then going out back for more! 

     Having that in mind I made this fun halloween card. I really liked this stampendous stamp with the girl and skeleton. 



I pressed shabby shutters and forest moss distress inks on a craft matt. spritzed with water and ran white card through it. 

Heat dry that and stamp randomly with Tim Holtz skull and crossbones stamp. 

Randomly go around the edges with a stamp from kaiserkraft. Use black ink for this. I recomend Ranger archival ink. 

My friend Jo has instilled in me a dislike for anything just floating in the air on a card. (Besides things with wings). So I anchored the couch with harlequin washi tape.

I could not decide what colour dress to put her in so there are a few versions.

I put some spider web washi tape around to just strengthen the compostition. Think about the rule of thirds.

 I got the sentiment second hand and really dont know what make it is. I just loved the spooky but romantic saying.

Just stamp and emboss that on a piece of card and cut to size. Do the same thing with it as you did with the large piece of card.

Now just rummage through your stash and find some black and grey bling. xx

I had fun putting this together. You should give it a go. Maybe by a roaring fire with a hot cup of apple cider? no? Well, whatever you get up to remember to be spooooky. Its october!  BOO!! 


                                          - Kass

6 comments:

  1. Really love this Kass! Missed you Friday, so hope you're feeling well enough to come this week - bring this along to show us! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commentingFran! I will defiantly be at club. Speak soon!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love that image. Crafty Blessings. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally worked out how to comment! YAY, go me!!! :) I love this card, the images and sentiment are very cool. And thank goodness for that harlequin rug!!! I guess Halloween is one of the few occasions when things can 'float' :)

    ReplyDelete