Tuesday 28 October 2014

Second and third Halloween ATC featuring stampotique stamps and ranger distress inks x

 Hello you lovely lot. Just wanted to show you the other 2 ATCs I made for the stampotique facebook page swap.



 This first one was made by stamping "friend" stampotique stamp by Daniel Torrente on to the ATC. I used black versafine ink for this and then clear heat embossed him.Next I went in with festive berries distressink and flicked it to look like blood splats. To do this I pressed the ink pad onto my craft sheet, sprayed with water, got it onto a paintbrush, and flicked it at ATC. I stamped the sentiment with black versafine, and clear heat embossed it. Then, i stuck orange sequins onto theATC where i found it compositionally appropriate. For the last step I went back to the festive berries distress ink pad and scraped the edges of the ATC with it just to pick up a bit of colour and frame it. It was quite simple but effective, I think. Leaving the backround white really make the "blood splatters" pop.





This other "Trick or treat" themed ATC used 4 stampotique stamps. I stamped and cut out the witches hat, the devil, the pumpkin trick or treater, and the door stamp. (Masking off what was originally on door stamp to leave the door blank)
For the backround I pressed spiced marmalade, and dried marigold distress inks onto the craft mat repeating the process from earlier. Spritzed with water but this time ran it through the inky water, turning it back and forth to create intresting patterns.
Set that aside to dry whilst you colour in the door, the devil,the hat, and the pumpkin trick or treater stamps. I used copic markers for this but any good marker or coloured pencil will do. Go ahead and have fun experimenting with this. Half the fun for me is trying new products, and techniques. Just make sure if you decide on alcohol markers make sure you stamp the images in momento ink. It is water based so the colours wont bleed with the alcohol markers. I placed the devil stamp behind the cut out door and stuck that to the ATC.Then I stamped the trick or treater with black ranger archival ink directly over half of the door. I then took my coloured pumpkin trick or treater image (With missing arms and legs) and stuck it over where i stamped.  Stick on your hat, and your almost done!
The last step is on the computer. I typed out the sentiment in a word document, printed it, cut it up, and coloured the edges. Once you stick that on there, go around the edges ever so lightly with walnut stain....and your done! Easy peasy.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments for me. I really appreciate all the support from everyone. Now go out, have fun, and create!


Always, -Kass









10 comments:

  1. Love both of these, thank you for explaining the process, it really helps us beginners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it hun. Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  2. These are fab, very funky! Crafty Blessings Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects and explanations! Can I ask what paper you prefer to stamp on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x I'm not to fussy about what I stamp on atm. That may change. However it's more about if I'm going to be distressing and or andding water. In which case it needs to be a good quality cardstock. Or you can get lumps and bumps after its dried, making it difficult to lay flat.Thanks for commenting.x

      Delete
  4. hey Kass, love your ATC, especially Trick of Treat as its sitting next to me now. Thank You x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kass, tow lovely and very funny ATCs!! We can see how much you like playing with these stamps! Go on!! :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete