Wednesday 6 May 2015

Stampotique designers challenge: Stencils

Hi guys! Ive decided to join in on the stampotique designers challenge this week. I love my stampotique stamps  but have been neglecting them lately. So this was the perfect opportunity to get them out and have a play! This week is hosted by Corrie Herriman and here was the challenge:

"Hello and Happy Wednesday!  I love using stencils.  They add another layer to your background and lots of interest too.  Use them with paint, ink model paste or even gesso.  Show me what you do with stencils and have fun!"


I chose to work in my art journal for this challenge. This is a relatively new concept for me and I'm not used to the layout. Its a lot of space compared to the cards and tags I usually make! So I'm not too sure about how this turned out , but its my art. Its from my soul and it has lovely stampotique images So I decided to jump in the deep end and show it to you guys. Here it is:



There are so many layers I lost count! I just kept on working and working till I was happy with what I had. I used daniel Torrente's smushallaum and smushasha, all kinds of stencils with normal texture paste, and transparent texture paste. Then I used dylusions sprays, prima bloom sprays, and treasure gold (told you I worked it a lot). I finished off with moody song lyrics from one of my favourite Florence and the Machine songs. I liked how it said "ghouls" in the lyrics, as these mermaids remind me of "ghouls playing".

Hope you like it as much as I had fun making it! I hope to join in on more challenges soon.

here some more close ups:







                            I like the way the treasure gold makes it shimmer in the light!


                                   Thanks for stopping by!  see ya soon.x
                                                           
                                                                                     Always, -Kass





17 comments:

  1. Nice Kass, love those mermaids - how could you neglect your Stampotiques? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Scandalous. Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pages :)
    Thank for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should have typed, thank YOU, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lay out, thanks for joining my challenge !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Kass, love that chicken wire. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Stampotique, and enjoy your weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic piece, love that you created so much texture and so much to look at here. Thanks for joining us this week over at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your lovely comments. It means the world x

      Delete
  7. Love how the Treasure Gold shimmers and especially how you have managed to get a serpent under the water glowing above, fantastic!

    LOVE your journal pages, it is always fun to keep layering until you are happy. your colours and textures are amazing! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your kind words. have a good day x

      Delete
  8. lovely, thank you for joining in with the challenge this week x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Awesome page <3
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week!

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete