Wednesday 22 April 2015

"Hello" card tutorial

      Sometimes theres no particular reason to give a card other then just to say "hello." Thats the inspiration behind todays project.
 

       I knew I wanted this card to be bold, bright, and contrasing.  So first applied salty ocean and squeezed lemonade Tim Holtz distress inks directly to my craft sheet. I spritzed water on it then ran my paper through. This technique is simple and can give excellent results on its own! I love how the colours run together and make new shades. If you dont think there is enough colour you can repeat the teqnique over again.



     I then heat dried the paper. This is important because if it needs to be completely dry for the embossing step. I took a "hello" stamp from a kaiserkraft set and stamped it with versafine ink. I then heat set clear embossing powder on it. The paper needs to be dry because if it isnt after the distressing part the emboss powder will stick to the inky water from that. No good. I then took a small arrow stamp from the same set as the sentiment and stamped it 3 times under the sentiment using salty ocean distress ink.



      I then went in with a swirly stamp from unity stamp company in momento ink. I used my momento because it is water based and wont smudge when coloured over with alocohol markers. I coloured in some swirls with complentary colours like green, yellow, and blue. Also with contrasting ones like orange and red. A handy tool to have around is a colour wheel. It can save a lot of time with making a guess with a colour and then it going terribly wrong. I speak from experience.



     Lastly I just went around the card with a black fineliner and made whatever line and squggle pattern took my fancy .It seems to be a common technique with my art these days. Super fun, fast, and creative. Thats what its all about!!

                                                                            Thanks for stopping by! x
                                                                                       

                                                                                              -Kass


1 comment:

  1. cute! i really like that swirly stamp image..hmmmm...enabling..and I love having that color wheel handy :)

    ReplyDelete