Monday 20 April 2015

Kids art:Thank you cards/featuring fingerprint art.

Hi guys! Im trying my best to get Scarlett in the habit of sending thank you cards for presents she receives. Especiallyfrom the family and friends we dont see often. Ask any grandma and they will tell you that whilst they dont expect it , it is nice to get a thank you now and then for that "cute top" they got for little susie while they were out. Kids arent going to think of it themselves either, unless it becomes habit. So I think its a nice habit to get into, reminding our kids of gratitude.

                                    These are some thank you cards from my 6 year olds birthday:

                                     

A couple weeks ago I was in the middle of a project when my daughter came up and wanted to get involved. Unfortunately, it was one of those projects that where her involvement would only....hinder the situation.Vaguely remembering a pintrest tutorial I once saw ,I grabbed a blank scrap of paper and used a few of my distress inks to put some fingerprints of different shapes and sizes. I told her to see what she could make. What she came up with was adorable:



I am hooked now! Fingerprint art is so adorable! How better to personalize a project then with
fingerprints? I picked up this book shortly after my "fingerprint epiphany" at the TATE London.



It has cute prompts and ideas to play around and have fun with fingerprints. I will leave that book review for a different post, but overall it gets two thumbs up from me and my 6 year old.

Here are some thank you cards we made with fingerprints:



You can really make these as easy or difficult as you want. Using a pen and some ink, to all different paints and mediums.




As you can see my freehand drawing needs some work. Lol however, I figured the people I send them to will be more intrested in scarletts little fingerprints then my un even lines.The important part is we had so much fun making them. Sure, you can go buy a card, but this is much more creative. The sky is the limit with what you can do with fingerprints. Mothers day is coming up soon in America. Perhaps you can incorporate fingerprints into your mothers day card/gift this year?

                                                                  Thanks for stopping by and stay creative!

                                                                                      -Kass





4 comments:

  1. Nice Kass, loving your fingerprint art :) - I will ask Luke to play, but I think I know what he'll say - he's got A levels coming up! LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ! I can only imagine what he would say. To bad he's not studying art. Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. great idea and love the art work from Scarlett :)

    ReplyDelete