Wednesday 13 May 2015

Card share/tutorial feat. Vera Lane digi stamps


Hey guys, I just wanted to share a fun card I made yesterday using Vera Lane digi images.

To make the card I blended  cracked pistachio (lightly) and squeezed lemonade distress inks on a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of card stock. Then I went over the squeezed lemonade with a diamond pattern stencil using mustard seed distress ink, and the cracked pistachio with the same colour (cracked pistachio) just applied with a bit more pressure.


After I was finished with that I cut out the images and coloured them in. I like to place them on the card throughout the process, checking my composition.


I decided on two different pieces of washi tape to put under the tree and the dog. I did that just to anchor them down and because well, I love washi tape. I could then paste the images down using a gel matte medium. You could use whatever you have handy.



Then I just took a fineliner pen and did a dot dot dash pattern around the edge creating a border. After that I decided to experiment by using acrylic paints over the copic markers on the dog to give him a bit more dimension. I liked how it turned out. Its kinda has a painterly look to it, which I'm really into.


I hope you guys like it and maybe it even gave you a little creative inspiration of your own. Before you go, have a look at this project as well. I used Vera Lane images for it as well. Thanks, and have a great day!

                                                                                 Always -Kass


2 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE this dog lol! great art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so do I ! reminds me of my younger pug penny. especially how it sits. lol thanks for commenting.x

    ReplyDelete