Saturday 2 May 2015

Kids craft: DIY washi tape Bracelets

Today Scarlett and I decided to make our own bracelets. My initial idea was to make them with a Native American theme, but we kinda veered off that plan and ended up doing whatever we wanted. I guess it still looks Native American with the colour palette and design.This was a joint effort between us as Scarlett needed my help with things like the stapler, and crop-o-dile punch. we made two bracelets. One thicker than the other.


The thicker one:

For the base I used a thick brown card. I started by measuring it around my daughters wrist as a guide and cutting it to size. I secured that with a stapler.


Than Scarlett took different designs of washi tape and taped them around the bracelet leaving 1" gaps between each design. We used a stronger duct tape for the part over the staples to hold it down properly. (it is the one with multi coloured chevron design.)

Than I (I had to help with this part) took my crop-a-dile punch and poked 3 holes in the gaps between the washi tape.We chose black eyelets, and secured them as well.


Then Scarlett weaved black and white string through the holes and I helped her tie them in the back.  That's it! I think it looks good considering how easy it is to make.



 The thinner one :

We used pretty much the same process as above. The only difference is we put the washi tape next to each other in rows, The holes/eyelets are in a straight line, and we added some beads. Oh, and we also used dark blue wool/vinyl mix thread instead of twine (because its what I had).






  Materials I used:

brown card
dark blue thread
black and white twine
yellow beads
various washi tapes
various duct tapes
scissors
crop-o-dile punch and eyelet setter







There are many variations to this craft. I definitely did not make this up. People have been grabbing what they see around them and making jewellery for centuries. Why don't you see what you have around your house and have a go? If you do please share pictures! I love seeing your projects! That's all for now , take care and thanks for stopping by. x


                                              
                                                                                Always,  - Kass


2 comments:

  1. another great idea for the munchkins :) I may share this with some of the kids i teach- love it and hope you keep these ideas coming- tyou !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , share away! I hope they keep coming to me as well lol

      Delete